DNP Programs Arkansas

Nurses who hold a doctor of nursing practice (DNP) are heralded as saviors to the profession as they can help bridge the gap between nursing leaders and nurses involved in direct patient care. The clinical doctorate keeps practitioners on the frontlines of patient care, to a great degree, so they’re in touch with the challenges of inadequate staffing as it relates to patient care and safety.

For more than … Read the rest

MSN Programs Arkansas

Advanced Practice Registered Nurses have a pivotal role in the future of health care. The state of Arkansas recognizes four specific advanced practice roles, nurse practitioners (NP), clinical nurse specialists (CNS), certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA), and certified nurse midwives (CNM). APRNs, especially NPs and CNMs, play a critical role in the area of primary care, serving at the forefront of preventative care to the public.

The Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) supplies the advanced education registered nurses … Read the rest

BSN Programs Arkansas

Health employers in Arkansas and across the country have always felt the pressure to hire more registered nurses to meet population demands. But since the Affordable Care Act rolled out in 2103, extending health insurance coverage to millions of Americans, the need for more nurses has almost doubled. A surge in Arkansas’ population further complicates an already taxing situation. The growing and aging population require greater care. In a state that is home to almost 3 million people, 600,000 (nearly … Read the rest

RN to BSN Programs Arkansas

Data showing the link between a highly educated nursing workforce and better patient outcomes and fewer safety issues influences the trend towards higher education. Arkansas is one of many states that emphasize the preparation of more nurses with a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) or higher. Almost 45% of nursing graduates in Arkansas are prepared at the baccalaureate level. The other 55%, who select associate’s degree programs due to time or financial constraints, are encouraged to complete the BSN through … Read the rest

Arkansas RN Requirements and Training Programs

Like the rest of the nation, Arkansas’ demand for professional nurses exceeds the rate of nurse graduates from community colleges and universities. In spite of the calls for the nursing workforce to be educated at the bachelor’s degree or higher, almost 68 percent of the registered nurses within the state are community college grads. There’s a reported rise in enrollment for first-time nurses in bachelor’s degree programs, but there’s no slowing down in the pace of enrollment in the associate’s … Read the rest